Tuesday, November 16, 2010

still catching up.....

Hello again,
Yes I'm still trying to play catch up on our pics from over the summer. Ugh! What will happen when I have a baby to take care of........ I'll still try to post, but I may be posting about the baby! I guess that won't be a bad thing!

So let's go back to Aug and my trip back to MN and then to MI to visit family. Erik was also in MN in Aug for a short time but I had the camera! I was actually only in MN for a very short time. Arrived last on a Wed night. Left EARLY on Friday morning with Mom to drive to Muskegon, MI. I realy wanted to see all the family there since I hadn't seen them since my cousin Rory's wedding 4+ yrs ago.  Mom and I had a very good trip together considering we did a lot of driving and we with each other 24/7 for 4 days!  So we headed across WI to Manitowok (sp??). There we hopped on the ferry that took us to Ludington, MI. I think it was about4-5 hrs, now I can't remember.   It was a nice trip, we took naps and talked and read. Great way to travel. 
Once in MI we spent 2 1/2 days seeing family. It was so great to see everyone!!! And thanks to Chere for having an ice cream social so we could see all the adults and meet the newest Gardner, Louie!  So adorable.  Before we knew it it was time to travel back. Well, that was an exciting cast off on the ferry! The wind was whipping across Lake Michigan. We thought we were going to get to spend all day on the lounge chairs out in the sun and there was no way! The chairs we blowing around and everything. So we found a good table in the cafe where we had good views and still enjoyed the trip.  Then I was home in MN for about a day and a half and then flew back to Seattle. A whirlwind trip but well worth it! Love to my Michigan family!!!!

        
Pulling in to pier in Ludington

Back end of ferry where they off load the cars

Grandma noticed the pic of her between Mom and her!

Me and my Grandma!

At Pier Marquette

Mom and Me in the wind and the sun

The lighthouse and a passing gull

Loving all the bright blue that day!

Grandma meets Louie
Looks at the waves!


Small lighthouse at the Ludington Pier


Laughing in the wind

More laughing.. love this one!
Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: