Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Trip to see Tara

So still catching up on posts I should have done months ago. But I'm getting closer.... I went to visit Tara in Oct and it's only the end of Nov.

I was able to see her in Austin, TX for 4 1/2 days.  We had super good weather, nice and sunny and hot. This northern gal was a little warm sometimes but I really enjoyed all the sun.
First day we hung around Austin and took in some of the sights like the State Capitol. We went on a tour there and it was really intersting. Then later that evening we went to the Continental Club and listened to some great music, Tara danced, I didn't!

Enjoying coffee and a Sunrise tea drink



I loved my drink!

Plates on all the doors at the Capitol

Me in front of the capitol

Another view with a monument to the frontier women.

Strom was a ways off but looked great with view of Austin.

The next day we headed west of Austin to Fredrickburg and Enchanted Rock. We climbed up the rock a ways, not to the top since I was having an issue with my foot hurting! Still don't know what I did but it hurt most of the time in TX and then got better the last day! We had fun seeing part of TX and hanging out in a German town.

Enchanted Rock

Two gals, shades and sun at the top.

The next day we hung around in Austin again, Tara had and eye appt. so I sat in a coffee shop and checked emails and such. Then we checked out a local farmer's market. That night she took me to the Broken Spoke for a real TX experience!! We had a really good time there. Again she danced, alot! and I didn't. ;-) I loved the band that was playing Dale Watson.  Here's one of his songs on you tube. So fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwJz-QM51uU  Just imagine my little sis swing across the dance floor to this lively music! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Dale Watson at the Broken Spoke

Sisters enjoying the music.

The last day we did some more relxing Austin sights and just enjoyed ourselves.

Looking down on the River (can't remember which one!)
 
View of Austin across Lady Bird Lake


Dragonflies, smiles and crochet hooks?
 Tara, I had the best time visiting you in Austin!!! It might be the last time we can do that, just the two of us for a while so I'm very grateful we got too!! Love you to pieces!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am soooooo thankful you were able to visit. It was great to have sister time and made me very happy.